Thursday 4 January 2024

Thursdays are for Short Shorts

A group of writers of which I am a member on Facebook does a 30 word story every Thursday. It's an interesting way to try flexing your writing muscles and make every word matter.

I decided to port the idea over to Bluesky under a hashtag, #30WordThursday. I use SkyFeed to publish the list and hope to add more writers to it as I go. It is an annoyance of BlueSky that there are no hashtags.

I'm coming up with my own prompts, of course, and decided to create a list with any little ideas I come up with to make sure I always have something on standby.

Ironically, I don't always manage to come up with a story of my own. I don't know if that's something I should be embarrassed about, but I'll try to be humble instead.

If you're interested, search #30WordThursday on BlueSky and try the latest prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment